TRAVEL AGENCY AUDIT
The Travel Agency Audit System (TAAS) program systematically audits air tickets sold for travel agency fare and commission claims and issues/adjudicates the debit memos generated as a result. The Park Group can also assist carriers in setting up their own Travel Agency Audit System (TAAS) on a consulting basis. We will assist in system design, installation and implementation of both hardware and software.
The TAAS program includes:
- 100% audit of ARC/BSP generated tickets for proper commission deduction.
- Audit of appropriate filed and agreed fare applications.
- Audit of ancillary charges.
- Timely resolution of air ticket credit card chargebacks and BSP reversals.
- Issuance and adjudication of debit and credit memos to the travel agencies as a result of the audit process. Monies remitted by travel agency directly to the carrier via the Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC).
- Monthly reports summarizing debit memos.
- Collection status
- Monthly TAAS report recapping all activity including a summary page with trend analysis.
The TAAS program:
- Creates a "receivable" and a tangible revenue stream from debit memos issued and paid.
- Reduces fare and commission abuses
- Recoups lost revenues
- Acts as a deterrent to fraudulent practices
- Gains the respect of the agency community
- Creates negotiating leverage, even if some or all of the debit is waived
- Relieves the client of the time consuming and sometimes unpleasant collection proces
|AC-1||ARC SALES SUMMARY|
|AC-2||REVENUE DISTRIBUTION REPORT|
|AC-4||WEEKLY DEBIT MEMO REPORT|
|AC-5||MONTHLY DEBIT MEMO PAID/CANCELED REPORT|
|AC-6||MONTHLY OUTSTANDING DEBIT MEMO REPORT|
|AC-7||MONTHLY COLLECTION REPORT|
AC-1 ARC SALES SUMMARY
- Lists all ARC information from the five banks.
- By ARC bank reference numbers - tickets, # of debit memos, $ amount of debit memos, # of credit memos, $ amount of credit memos, total sales, taxes, fare total, net commission, cash total sales, net remit, total credit card sales, individual credit card sales totals and ECCB totals.
AC-2 REVENUE DISTRIBUTION REPORT
- By ARC week, lists total documents, sales, fare total, cash sales and net remit.
- Previous five month activity.
- Provides subtotals for each item above.
AC-3 REVERSAL REPORT
- Lists all ARC reversals
- By agency name, disbursement date, agent code, report period, reference bank number, carrier adjustment amount and any amounts paid by ARC.
- Subtotals carrier adjustments amounts and amounts paid.
AC-4 WEEKLY DEBIT MEMO REPORT
- Lists debit memos generated in debit memo number order
- Lists debit memos generated in ARC number order
- Items include ticket issue date, passenger name, ticket number and ARC report date
- Lists agents fare, tax and commission paid
- Lists carriers fare, tax and commission
- Total amount due
- Agent name, city and state
- Grand totals amount due.
AC-5 MONTHLY DEBIT MEMO PAID/CANCELED REPORT
- Summary of all debit memos paid monthly in the same format as #4.
- Summary of all debit memos cancelled monthly in the same format as #4.
AC-6 MONTHLY OUTSTANDING DEBIT MEMO REPORT
- Lists all outstanding debit memos in the same format as #4
AC-7 MONTHLY COLLECTION REPORT
- By agent, totals monthly, debits generated and debits paid and cancelled
- By agent, totals yearly debits generated and debits paid and cancelled
- By agent, totals all amounts in descending order by largest amount due